Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
dinu_hasith
My Device: Not Specified

Push Registration problem

Hi,

I've written a Midlet for Blackberry device software version 4.5 using blackberry JDE v4.5. Im testing on 8310.

Im registering a connection in push registry for incomming sms messages. My problem is, each time the application starts the app thread count increases by one. These threads are not destroyed even if the application is closed. So when the app is run 16 times it freezes.

I found out this occures because of the push registration, since when I remove the push registration code there is no new thread creation. This problem occures in static push registration as well.

any ideas?

thanks,
Dinu
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Push Registration problem

if you start the threads in the context of your application they will be terminated if your app exits. you most likely run them in the wrong application context.

you can create a thread manager in your application that monitors the number of threads or takes care of the app having only one active thread etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.