Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
crispyoz
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Push (Sample Push Initiator) - Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG at URL

Yes timeout setting will stop it blocking so you can see any error.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kanaksony
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Re: Push (Sample Push Initiator) - Unauthorized to communicate with the PPG at URL

[ Edited ]

but, timeout is already set here.. as you can see in previous post.. now, I have changed the values, but still its blocking here..

private PushSDKProperties getProperties() {

PushSDKProperties p = new PushSDKPropertiesImpl();
		p.setPublicPpgAddress(targetURL); 
		p.setHttpIsPersistent(false);
		p.setHttpConnectionTimeout(20000);
		p.setHttpReadTimeout(60000);
		p.setUsingXmlParserDtdValidation(false);
		return p;
	}

Edit: Attached Screenshot of Tomact Logs..

Tomcat_log.png

Regards,
Kanak Sony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dodevelopnshare.wordpress.com/ | http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=188131481&trk=tab_pro
Please use plain text.
Developer
crispyoz

I tested your code and it wokred fine, except I didn't run it inside a servlet but I doubt there is any issue there. My suspicion is you have an issue with a proxy or file wall. 

To make it simple just run the test code in a runnable class from the cammand line. If that blocks then you have a network issue. Have you chcke dyou have no firewall blocking the PGP url?  Iwould expect that to cause a timeout or an I/O error though.

So run the test code from a command line and see what you get. If that works but not in your sevlet then the issue is your tomcat configuration.

Your sceenhsot is not visible so I can't see what you had in your logs.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kanaksony
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Thanks man, you are a champ :smileyhappy:. I got it worked finally.. 

Regards,
Kanak Sony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dodevelopnshare.wordpress.com/ | http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=188131481&trk=tab_pro
Please use plain text.
Developer
crispyoz

Ok very good. Onward and upward
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hsekk006
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Good morning,

I'm trying to do the same thing with webworks  (HTML5) application, push a request to get the geolocation data of the Blackberry device is any one could help me with that please.

regards,

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hsekk006

Good morning,

I got the same push information to do a push request to get the geolocation data of the Blackberry device, is any one could help me with that please?

regards,

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
crispyoz

You really should start a new topic, please do so and I will take a look at your issue. Please include more details of exactly what you are pushing and the exact error response.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hsekk006

Thank you very much for your quick reply,

Is it under "Compose New message" that I can open a new Topic?

Regards,

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hsekk006

Please use plain text.