Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
pmcastillo
My Device: None
Accepted Solution

Question about BAR files

Hi I'm very new to BB development, my goal is: To make an app, and upload it to the BlackBerry App World.

But when reading the steps how to upload it, I saw this:

In the Version Number field, type the version number of the release. Note: Make sure that the version number you enter here is exactly the same as the version number on the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Version Number field, you may receive errors or an upgrade notification.

SOURCE: http://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberryworld/adding_new_apps_and_digital_goods.html

But I can't see in my project where are these bar files. (I tried also Right-Click > BlackBerry > Package Project(s))

Where are these BAR files located? Or how to make one?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Question about BAR files

welcome to the support forums.

you are currently posting in the bb java forums.
do you want to develop an application for OS <=7.1 (java blackberry?) then you don't have a bar file and are just reading the wrong article.

if you want to develop for playbook or bb10 you have a bar file, but are asking on the wrong forum,
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pmcastillo
My Device: None

Re: Question about BAR files

Oww, that's why I don't see BAR files, coz I'm developing for BlackBerry Java ^_^

Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.