Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Question: blackberry device file directory

Hi all,

my application tried to save a wav file (music.wav) to the directory '/store/home/user/mymusic/' on the device, that works without giving me any error. When I tried to open and play the file '/store/home/user/mymusic/music.wav', it works on the device simulator but not on the actual device (that is on the simulator I can hear the music but not on the actual device). I don't know why I have this problem on the device and not on the simulator. Is there a file directory difference between the two?

Also I found that the music.wav file was actually stored in the directory '/device memory/home/user/mymusic/music.wav' on the device and not on the original directory that I specified which is '/store/home/user/mymusic'. Could this be the source of my problem? should I be using the directory '/device memory/home/user/mymusic' to store my music.wav file instead?

Thank you very much for your help...

Developer

Re: Question: blackberry device file directory

If you are runnning on the Storm 4.7.0.75, there is a know issue where the sound will not play through the speaker (only the headset).
Developer

Hmm, I am using the storm for testing, so may be this is the problem. I am going to check it again with a headphone then... do you know if there is a fix for this problem yet?

Developer

BTW, if v0.75 has problem with the speaker then how is it possible that I am able to play the music.wav file on the MEDIA application without using the headphone. Is there a work around or there is an unpublished api that is being used by MEDIA?