Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RAPC bug

This particular bug is worth about 2 minutes of worry. :smileyhappy:

I worry about the ones where a feature works on release x.y, and is broken on release x.z.

Compiler bugs that are easily worked-around aren't worth the effort (IMHO).

Anyway, I still suggest that you log the issue in Issue Tracker. The chances that this gets escalated from a forum post are "slim and none".

Developer
RexDoug

...and I meant to say "not the only bug"

(the word 'the' was missing)

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

I did what you kept repeating by copying the code into a project and compiling and... no error. Everything compiles and runs perfectly and as expected. What API, IDE are you using? I tried it on 5.0 Beta 2 and Eclipse and it works just fine.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
atleta

Man, I didn't keep it repeating. I just answered to another guy that instead of reasoning about that it's possible or not he could have just tried it out. It was with JDE 4.2 and the IDE was NetBeans, though it doesn't matter of course because I use the SDK tools and ant to build the project. (Well, mostly, because I do the preverification with proguard, but that step is before doing rapc...)