Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
arindamhit
My Device: BlackBerry 10

RMS store is not deleting after the deletion of the Application

Hi,

I am storing some data using RMS store in my application. But after deletion of the Application from the phone and restarting the phone, the RMS Store is not deleted. When again i am install the application, i am able to see the old datas. In this link it is mentioned that:

" Since MIDP record stores can only be accessed by the application that owns them (there is no data sharing), you do not need to keep the data once the application is removed. The only exception to this rule is if the application is being replaced as part of an upgrade using the Application Loader tool, a wireless download, or the application is pushed out from the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server."

But i am not upgrading the application or not changing any thing in the application. I am just downloading the same application using OTA.

So is there any way to delete the RMS store while uninstalling the application??

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: RMS store is not deleting after the deletion of the Application

Please make sure your persistence object should be user define. Do not store predefine object like (String,Vector etc)

Create class implement persistable  than store the object of this class.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I don't use RMS, but my impressions was that it did get deleted when your application is deleted. 

Just to confirm, you delete the app, reboot, and then reinstall - and the old data is still there?

Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit

Yes. Sometimes the old data is still there. And Some times it will not ask for reboot after deletion the application. In that case, after reinstall the app, i am able to see the old data in the list.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

@ arindamhit Have you tried my way??

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

@kamal_nigam: The OP is talking about RMS - not PersistentStore.  Are you familar with RMS.

In addition, could you please re-read your original post and perhaps expain it another way, it did not make much sense to me sorry.

@OP: sorry, I have no experience of your problem and don't use RMS myself.  So I can't help further.  I just wanted to clarify the situation for someone else who could perhaps help. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit

Actually speaking i did not get what do you mean by  string or object. Actually speaking, the RMS store is implemented in the library which wr are writing. In the application, we are extending the class and storing the images or data. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

What I think kamal was trying to suggest was that instead of using RMS, you could use PersistentStore.  I use PersistentStore, but in fact in your environment, where I presume the library will be used by a number of client applications, use of PersistentStore is a bit more complicated. 

This explains other options you might consider.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Introduction-to-Persistence-Models-on-BlackB...

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam

Yes i was suggesting the PersistentStore. RMS is very old way to store data and i feel its a J2ME API not BB. Go with the PersistentStore and link posted by Peter.
Thanks
Please use plain text.