If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
jackrabbit1962
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RUSH - I need to monitor the signal strength of a Blackberry from a PC

It will be used for an evacuation plan or ATV/snowmobile trails for emergency services. 

Also, markers will be installed at the beginning of trail sections that do not have cellular coverage.

In the event of an accident people will know where to go back for emergency calls.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lray801

No, no, no.  I mean in the cyber world, not the real world.  What are you doing with the data...what are you using to capture, map, graph, etc?  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jackrabbit1962

I am using my own mapping utility that I developped to show the recorded track with a rainbow of colors, blue meaning no signal, red meaning full signal.  With it, I can zoom in at any parts of my track and visualize the cellular reception at 2 seconds intervals (roughly every 100 feet at average recording speed).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lray801

You ought to try and get it published. I need something that works like that but can't find anything. I don't have the time to develop it, either, so I'll just have to do the ol' look and see what the signal is, and write it down! Good job :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.