Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
mayanks
My Device: BlackBerry Bold - 9780

Rapc utility error - Duplicate definition for 'java.rmi.Remote'.

Hello,

I have written an application in J2ME and I want to deploy it on Blackberry/9000.

I'm using the RAPC.exe utility to convert JAR file COD file. But it is giving me the error.

Error!: Duplicate definition for 'java.rmi.Remote'.  found in: D:\Mayank\workspace\TestApp\dist\BlackBerry-9000-testapp.jar(java/rmi/Remote.class)

I tried google but didn't find any relevent answers to rectify this problem.

Does any one have any idea how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Rapc utility error - Duplicate definition for 'java.rmi.Remote'.

does the class use persistable? is it used in more than one project?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
mayanks
My Device: BlackBerry Bold - 9780

No it is not used in more than one project.

Let me explain what I am doing.

I have code in place to make calls to web services. So it uses "jsr172_1.0-xmlrpc.jar" to compile the source code and pack it into a JAR file.

The web services stubs are generated and included in the source code. I have generated the web services stub using Sun's WTK utility.

The code gets compiled, produces a JAR file and runs fine on Sun's emulator.

Now when I use rapc utility to convert this JAR file it is throwing error for duplicate defination for java.rmi.Remote.

Just to remove this problem I opened the JAR file in winzip and deleted java.rmi.Remote.class file from the JAR.

Again I got same error for some different class file. I repeated this process of removing class file for couple of more classes. In the end it didn't thow any duplicate class error but failed to generate COD file.

New Contributor
ceaster
My Device: 8900

It would be nice if BlackBerry support would actually finish replying to a thread everytime a question like this is asked. I see lots of single line questions coming back to the individual who posted and then no replies after their response. There are so many people running into these issues and we never get the support that we need to continue our development, I'm surprised at ths point so many apps made it into the AppWorld with the lack of support.

Developer
jprofitt
My Device: Not Specified

Not everyone who posts here is part of RIM support. In fact I suspect that neary everyone with just "Developer" by their name is just someone trying to help out another person if they know the answer.

New Contributor
ceaster
My Device: 8900

I understand, but it would be nice if RIM would step in on these common, but hard to fix issues. Items left unaswered should still be the responsibility of RIM. I do understand alot of these questions are duplicated, but i've gone through many many post of the same questions with no absolute answers, none of which RIM bothered to respond to. You'd think you'd at least get one of them answered with RIM backing up the community.

I simply hoped to bump an old thread so that my question that pertains to the same problem may get answered along with others that look here in the future.

Developer
simon_hain

it is a good idea to reference old threads, but if you have a question you should post it in an own thread, and may it only be for the ability to mark it solved.

the forum is a designated user-to-user forum. sometimes you get an answer from a RIM employee (most likely mark sohm, sometimes there are others) but most questions are answered by users, and unfortunately some go down without a solution. I use this forum to learn stuff myself and answer questions i know.

if you have discovered a bug you can file it in JIRA, if you have a problem you want RIM to solve you can try to mail devsupport@rim.com, but in some cases you would either need to be an alliance member (to have a developer liason) or buy incident support.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
simon_hain

after looking at the OP again: java.rmi is not part of the blackberry api. most likely the used jar is not a blackberry library but desktop java.

@SimonHain on twitter