Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
joerobich
My Device: Not Specified

Reactivating Signing Keys

So last year I purchased Signing Keys for my company to develop a prototype. I had a bit of trouble getting the signing keys registered and on my last chance they registered successfully. Since that time development on the prototype has been on pause. However, I am now trying to get it started back up again on a new harddrive (the old one crashed, hard) and it says I am out of attempts to activate the signing keys. 

"A registration request failed for client '659939147'.  The client has 0 registration attempt(s) left.

The client was sent back the following message:

Unable to register client '659939147' because there are no more registration attempts.  If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users."

Since I am the only developer on this project and I was the on who initially registered for the keys, this link says that you will reissue keys - http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800989/Support_-_'Una...

So I have written to devsupport, twice. the first time was 8 days ago. I have received two automated responses naturally.

If your request is in regards to signature keys, an issue with our web site or if you are reporting a possible issue with our software a representative will be in contact with you soon.

Since my request was in regards to Signing Keys I thought I was going to be taken care of in a timely manner.

After days of no response from RIM, I reread the email and found this section:

2. If you are without a BlackBerry Technical Support Services contract, or if your subscription does not include developer support, you can purchase a developer support incident for $249 USD using the following link:

https://www.blackberry.com/IncidentBasedSupport/?INC={redacted}

Please note that you will only be charged at the end of the incident, if the incident is deemed chargeable. You will not be charged for incidents related to software defects, known issues, signature keys or issues with our web site.

So it looks like I need to give them my billing information before my issue will be looked at to see if it is a free Signature Key related issue. I then click on the link provided in the email and am greeted with the following:

HTTP Status 404 - /IncidentBasedSupport/

type Status report

message /IncidentBasedSupport/

description The requested resource (/IncidentBasedSupport/) is not available.

JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

With no where left to turn I hope someone at RIM reads this forum and can tell me the step I need to take to reactivate my signing keys.

I have two weeks left until I am supposed to demo the prototype and the last build I made last year is no longer in a working state.

Thanks,

Joseph Robichaud

3-GIS

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Reactivating Signing Keys

i usually get fast replies from devsupport@rim.com while our alliance supporters answer after weeks, if at all (escalating the mails with my and their superiors usually helps). with this forum being user-to-user i doubt there is anybody here able to help you, but you can be sure to find morale support.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
joerobich
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Reactivating Signing Keys

Well it was probably a coincidence that it happened today, but devsupport has responded to my first email (sent 8 days ago) that they are reissuing keys. Thanks for looking at my issue even though there was no way that you could help.

Now I just hope the signing servers have better up time now, than they did a year ago. =)

Please use plain text.