Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
behrk2
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Receiving 907 Invalid Cod after UpdateJad on Main application and Library application

Hi everyone,

To distribute my BlackBerry application over-the-air (OTA) in the past, I would package my main application, MyApp, and package a linked library application, MyLibrary, containing the main application's resources separately.  Then, I would copy the COD/JAD files from the library application into the same directory as the COD/JAD files of the main application and run UpdateJad.exe on MyApp.jad and MyLibrary.jad.  At that point, I would upload all of the files to my web server (with the correct .htaccess file) and I could download my application onto devices with no problem.

That was some time ago (one to two years).  Now, I'm updating my application and trying to do it again.  I notice, however, that when I package my main application, Eclipse generates COD/JAD files for BOTH the library application AND the main application in the same directory of the main application project (deliverables>Web>7.1.0).  I don't believe this happened in the past.  That directory now contains:

• COD files for MyApp
  • COD files for MyLibrary
  • MyApp.jad
  • MyLibrary.jad
  • MyApp_full.jad (I don't recall this being generated in the past, either)

Now, I've tried uploading my application several ways, and each way yields a "907 Invalid COD" error:

• Uploading the generated directory as-is (and trying to download MyApp.jad AND MyApp_full.jad)
  • Running UpdateJad.exe on MyApp.jad and MyLibrary.jad
  • Running UpdateJad.exe on MyApp_full.jad and MyLibrary.jad
  • Copying only the MyApp files from the generated directory and combining them in a new directory with the generated MyLibrary files from the separate, packaged project (and running UpdateJad.exe on MyApp.jad and MyLibrary.jad)
  • etc...I've basically tried every combination.

But nothing works!  However, if I install the app via MyApp.alx through BlackBerry Desktop Manager, it works.  Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks!

Developer
behrk2

Re: Receiving 907 Invalid Cod after UpdateJad on Main application and Library application

Update: I am receiving the same error for OS 5/6 versions of my application too, which do not have a linked library application.  All I am doing is uploading the generated files to a webserver, and pointing the device to MyApp.jad.  I receive a "Download Failed" for reason of "907 Invalid Cod".  Did something change recently in terms of specifying the following in an .htaccess file on the web server?

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
AddType application/java-archive jar
AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod

Developer
peter_strange

Re: Receiving 907 Invalid Cod after UpdateJad on Main application and Library application

I might depend on how you configure the system, but I have found the the ...._full.jad is just that, a full jad which already includes the cods for the Library and the main application.  I don't know if this was a recent change since I have only recently moved t using Eclipse.  So try the ..._full jad. 

Not sure about your OS 5.0 issue, let us resolve the other issue first. 

Developer
behrk2

Hi peterstrange,

I believe that I have resolved the issue.  I realized that I was having problems uploading files to my webserver over the past couple of days using my standard FTP clients.  Once I uploaded the COD/JAD files to another web server, the download and installation worked with no problem (using MyApp_full.jad).

I appreciate your quick response to help!