Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
chetankhilare
My Device: -
My Carrier: Blackberry Developer

Recording video to file considering size as the parameter

Hi,

I have written a source code which records video and stores it in a file on SDCard. The player used for recording video is specified in mms mode. The reason for using mms mode is that the size of the recorded video is relatively small as compared to the standard mode used in the creation of the player. My also objective is to upload the video on server. Using mms mode, considering the size parameter, this is achievable. However, I am facing issues on devices when it comes to the uploading part. The issue is that when the videos are uploaded on server and viewed on VLC palyer, blank screen is shown for some videos. When I use standard mode while creation of the player and record video for small duration followed by uploading part, this issue seems to be resolved and the video playback was successful.

My Question is that how can i record video, considering size of the video for upload. The mms mode seems to have issues. How can i achieve this so that the recorded video has small size as that of mms mode being used.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rincethomas33
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Recording video to file considering size as the parameter

try to change the encoding properties.

VideoRecordingScreen _vrs = new VideoRecordingScreen("encoding=video/3gpp");   

R33
Please use plain text.