Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Refresh Screen

Do you think that is really possible in a code snippet?  I son't think so. 

In addition, there are many variables involved, such as the details of the requests to be sent to the web server, the structure of the XML data, and the format of the information that is to be displayed on the screen, all of which mean any code supplied by someone else is unlikely to be very useful.  And that is without even getting into your requirement for automatic updates.  So whatever is supplied would probably not apply to you anyway. 

And of course, trying to use someone else's code with out understanding the intricacies will mean you will struggle to resolve any tricky problems.

So for me there is no short cut here, you need to code this yourself and ask for help on the bits you don't understand.  There are samples of most of what you are trying to do around, so have a look and search.  I recommend that you start slow, build up to the final application step at a time.  In this case you could start by trying to download the XML, or you could process the XML from a file you include in your resources or you could try to display a ListField and then update it.  Work through these parts of your application and ask questions about each if you hit problems. 

Please use plain text.