Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Registering an app in multiple JDE versions

Basically the situation is I am developing an app that needs to support multiple BB OS versions with some changes in the code for the 4.7+ OS versions so I can't build and sign it just in one JDE.  I already have the COD file for the new project version signed through the 4.7 JDE and that works fine to register and download the COD to the device.  Now I want to sign the older code base project in the 4.2 JDE on the same computer.  I didn't think there was any way I could use the same signing keys since its technically a different COD file even though its the same project, so I bought another set.  I actually have like 5 JDE versions installed on this computer for testing different simulators, so Im not sure how the signing tool decides which version to open the csi files with.  When I double click on one of the new keys it says the usual "private key not found would you like to create a new key pair".  It somehow it is looking in JDE 4.2.0\bin which happens to be the JDE I want to use, but Im not sure how it picked that one, maybe because it was the last one installed?  Anyway I click 'Yes' and nothing happens.  I can't seem to get any of them to get past that dialog.  Is there some conflict going on that it doesn't know what JDE to launch to create the key pair with?  How do I get different COD files signed in different JDEs on the same computer?

Developer

Re: Registering an app in multiple JDE versions

You can sign any number of cod files using the one signing key.  And it doesn't matter what signing tool you use.

I have an icon on my desktop that starts the signing tool, I just navigate to the directory that contains the cods I want to sign and process them regardless of which JDE I used to create them.

New Developer

Thanks, I was trying to use the signing tool from the 4.2 JDE and it just kept saying the COD wasn't registered and it wouldnt run the program to register the keys.  I opened the 4.7 signing tool I was already using for the new COD directly and added the older COD file and had no problem signing the file with my original keys.  I just have an extra set now I guess.
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: torch

Hello,

Can you please help me that how I can use the same sign key for different JDEs.

I already used it for JDE 6.0,  Now I am making same application on JDE 4.5 and JDE 5.0,

Is it Possible to Use same key or I need to request for new One.???

in some of Discussion I found by copying the sigtool.*  into new JDE  version,if it is possible so  how can we use..

please help me  " thanks"

Thanks
With Best Regards
Ashutosh Srivatava