Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
ezhil
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Remote Display

I am developing a application(Remote Display) to control the device on the web page. I can able to take screenshots from the device and send to web page and the same can be showed.

Now how to trigger event on the device like TrackBallevent or Button click event to open apps on the device by jusy giving x, y positions.

am developing a application(Remote Display) to control the device on the web page. I can able to take screenshots from the device and send to web page and the same can be showed. Now how to trigger event on the device like TrackBallevent or Button click event to open apps on the device by jusy giving x, y positions.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Remote Display

You are not able to do this using x and y coordinates.  You can inject trackball movement, clicks and key presses by using the EventInjector API.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ezhil

Thanks for ur response. Now i can able to do EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent, EventInjector.NavigationEvent, EventInjector.KeyEvent. But i can't able to find any event for TrackBall movement.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]
EventInjector.NavigationEvent is used to inject trackball clicks and movement.  You can specify movement using the setAmount(int dx, int dy) method.
Message Edited by MSohm on 07-17-2008 10:59 AM
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ezhil

Hi,

Thanks for solutions. I have done like this,

EventInjector.invokeEvent(new EventInjector.NavigationEvent(EventInjector.NavigationEvent.NAVIGATION_MOVEMENT , 0, -3,TrackwheelListener.STATUS_TRACKWHEEL ));

This works fine...But this code moves 3 postions(Icons) up side...

What i need is , i am showing BB screen on web page of size 240x320(e.g).....when i click on the web page screen it returns the x,y co-ordinates(e.g x=10,y=30) . Now how to transalte the co-ordinates to device like (10,30) position....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
mkirkup

Unfortunately, it is not possible to inject or set the cursor for the browser in this fashion.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.