Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Remotely access bb screen from pc

Hi

I know its not the right forum to ask. Have any one heard of remotely accessing the BB screen from a desktop  and controlling it. If yes.how it can be implemented. I can connect the device to pc using usb and I should be able to get the BB screen on my pc. Any ideas to implement this ??

Something similar to this

http://www.soti.net/PCProBB/

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Remotely access bb screen from pc

There are a couple of options.  javaloader (included with BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse and BlackBerry JDE) is a command line tool that is commonly used to add/remove applications from a BlackBerry Smartphone while developing.

You can also use it to capture screenshots:

javaloader -u screenshot myFile.bmp

This captures the current active screen.

Another option is to create an application on the device that captures screenshots and streams them to an application running on a PC over USB or WiFi.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Remotely access bb screen from pc

I beleive there are a copule of products out there already that do this, I think one of which is, at least in part, developed by one of the regulars here sImon_hain.  I can't remember what his poduct is called (sorry Simon).  He is on holiday I believe.

And there is this one:

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/helpdesk/mobilesupport.aspx?wt.ac=RescueHomepage-Mobile