Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
adrianeireyahoo
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Remove "Changes Made" popup

Hi,

Can I prevent the "Changes Made" popup from displaying when the user presses the physical back button on a blackberry device ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various

Re: Remove "Changes Made" popup

Yes, you can - override onSavePrompt() method of your MainScreen. Read more about it in:

MainScreen explained

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

And please use the search facility on this forum.  This question has been asked a number of times before. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
rzr
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)

[ Edited ]

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/quot-Changes-Made-quot-How-to-disable-this-d...

setDirty

public void setDirty(boolean dirty)

Cleans or dirties all controlled fields.

This method invokes Manager.setDirty(boolean) on this screen's delegate manager to clean (or dirty) all this screen's controlled fields.

this does not really explain the dirty concept (does this mean that contents have been changed by users, and will be restored) ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various

rzr wrote:

setDirty

this does not really explain the dirty concept (does this mean that contents have been changed by users, and will be restored) ?

No, it only means that fields marked dirty either programmatically (field.setDirty(true)) or due to user's input can be marked clean (not requiring saving) with field.setDirty(false). Field's content does not change.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.