Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
salmanali2074
My Device: BB Device
My Carrier: VZW & ATT

Retrieve BES email address for the device

Is it possible that a default email address could be different then the email used for BES registration on the device. 

Is there a way to find an email that was used for BES registration on the device?

Thanks

Ali

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Retrieve BES email address for the device

as far as i know the bes address is always the default address
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
salmanali2074

Thanks for your response.
Usually the BES address becomes the default email but I think, user can change the default email from Default Services under Options.
I want to know if there is any flag/info in Service Book record to track that email address.

Ali
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
salmanali2074

Sorry to add this response again here. I have mentioned this on BES forum as well. 

Looking for someone, if agrees on this below logic to pick correct BES email from a device. 

We found another way to pick the last assinged/added email on device through BES (company has a policy that users are not allowed to add personal emails account on device). 

We searched the CMIME list on device and found that the last added email (work email) is always at 0th index in the list. We can assume that if a device is given to a new employee and BES admin assigns new email/user for that device then the new email will be on index [0] in CMIME list on the device as 'Scenario 4' below. 

Here is log when we tested on a device: 

Scenario 1:
Emails on the device are: Hotmail, Yahoo, MyCompanyDomain
Default email found: :username@MyCompanyDomain.com
--CMIME-LIST--:
Email found [0]: :username@yahoo.com(username@yahoo.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S04)
Email found [1]: :username@MyCompanyDomain.com(username@MyCompanyDomain.com,CMIME, BISE06C14S07)
Email found [2]: :username@hotmail.com(username@hotmail.com, CMIME,BISE06C14S09)

Scenario 2:
Emails on the device are: Hotmail, Yahoo, deleted MyCompanyDomain
Default email found: :username@yahoo.com
--CMIME-LIST--:
Email found [0]: :username@yahoo.com(username@yahoo.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S04)
Email found [1]: :username@hotmail.com(username@hotmail.com, CMIME,BISE06C14S09)

Scenario 3:
Emails on the device are: Hotmail, Yahoo, added MyCompanyDomain
--CMIME-LIST--:
Email found [0]: :username@MyCompanyDomain.com(username@MyCompanyDomain.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S07)
Email found [1]: :username@yahoo.com(username@yahoo.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S04)
Email found [2]: :username@hotmail.com(username@hotmail.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S09)

Scenario 4:
Emails on the device are: Hotmail, Yahoo, MyCompanyDomain added new user2name for MyCompanyDomain
--CMIME-LIST--:
Email found [0]: :user2name@MyCompanyDomain.com(user2name@MyCompanyDomain.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S06)
Email found [1]: :username@MyCompanyDomain.com(username@MyCompanyDomain.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S07)
Email found [2]: :username@yahoo.com(username@yahoo.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S04)
Email found [3]: :username@hotmail.com(username@hotmail.com, CMIME, BISE06C14S09)

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

that matches my experience.
i think you can also check the ServiceRecord the mail address is read from to be sure. iirc the network diagnostic tool used code to identify the BES record, you can take a look: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Network-Diagnostic-Tool/ta-p/445964
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.