Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
kylefowler
My Device: 9900

Roaming and notifyIncomingMessage

Hey I'm wondering if someone could answer this question I am facing. I have a customer who is receving phantom notifications from my application and we have narrowed it down to when she goes in and out of roaming. The notifications are fired in the notifyIncomingMessage method of the message connection listener so I guess I am wondering if this is default behavior for switching into roaming to trigger this method? She is using a tour with the stock OS. I dont have a tour or roaming spots to test this on myself so I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea.

Thanks,

Kyle

Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Roaming and notifyIncomingMessage

Quite often when roaming into a different network the handset gets an SMS text message from the network advising the user of charges or how to use stuff (e.g., call-back service). This is the so-called welcome message. May be these messages are to blame here...
Please use plain text.
Developer
kylefowler

Ok thanks, I assumed it was something like that but wasnt sure, especially because the user does not actually receive a text message as a result of the roaming.
Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

May be you should check the type of these phantom messages and only trigger your audible notification for textual messages. These phantom messages might be specal binary messages, say, with network-specific configuration information.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kylefowler

I do type check for instance of textmessage and binarymessage, so it must be going into the binary message which I use for cdma networks
Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.