Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
LSphone
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Rookie developer's jump-start: (dev projects for real apps in store)

[ Edited ]

Here's a thread for sharing the full dev projects for apps that are:

- published at App World,

- frequently downloaded and fairly well-liked by the users

In case there's anyone just starting out learning how to develop apps for BB OS when it's nearly extinct, here's your chance to save some time by pilfering source code from apps that we don't mind sharing with you.

Here's my initial contribution -- I'm sure everyone's just dying to know what memory apps really do :smileyindifferent: -- so here's the source code for 5 of the 6 apps that make up the package "Memory Monster":

Memory 1-night Pro

Build once with JDE 5 and it works on anything with OS 5, 6, or 7.

No known bugs or issues.

Pre-built runnable copies (jad, cod) are included, so you can test the apps without having to build them first.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Rookie developer's jump-start: (dev projects for real apps in store)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this, great idea too, share some stuff to make sure it easy for people coming up.

Just wondered if it would have been easier to just attach the zip archive to this Thread.  If you wanted to do that but can't for whatever reason, I'm happy to - saves developers having to download the app from App World. 

Edit:  Attached

Please use plain text.
Developer
LSphone
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

Re: Rookie developer's jump-start: (dev projects for real apps in store)

Tried.  Spent half an hour on it.  System wouldn't accept the file, kept saying the content type doesn't match the extension.  Tried renaming it, system wouldn't be outsmarted.  Created with pkzip, then WinZip... no dice.

Here's a link to the file on my server:  MeMonster-source.zip

If someone graphically talented wanted to create a 'spin' with some eye candy you might get as rich as a few people I could mention.

Please use plain text.