Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

SQL Query Related

Hi,

My question is very simple. My application resides on Blackberry device and which fetches information from the database (which is located over internet). How do I send a query (preferably SQL) to the database and get the results and display to the user.

I have gone through MDS studio guide and have installed it also. But I am not able to pick up on this particular problem. Is there any other way of doing this, may be using JDE ?

Regards,

nilavya

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: SQL Query Related

you need a server that relays the communication as there are no jdbc drivers for blackberry.

if you want to implement it using webservices or simple text communication - or something in between - is up to you.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

[ Edited ]

You have to make a request to your serverscript and let the serversript do the DB transaction and give you back the processsed results in xml and you parse the data and dispaly it on screen.

PS: was in edit mode when Simon posted.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
New Developer

Do I need to use HTTPConnection (JDE) for this? Or should I use MDS Studio.

I would be communicating using the WebService.

Thnks

Nilavya

Developer

You can use HTTP. To start with networking and BlackBerry you can start with this sticky thread.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Connecting-your-BlackBerry-http-and-socket-c...

MDS Studio is a different development environment, I guess other users who have worked on this will write more about it.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.