Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
paku
My Device: Q10

SQLite database in internal memory on Curve 9380/9360 device

Hello,

I develop applications for BlackBerry 7.x which uses SQLite as database. Everything works fine until I store database file on SDCard. When I changed storing location to internal memory, application only works on Bold simulator and device. When I run the same application on Curve 9380 (or 9360) it doesn't work and I have error "File System not ready". I read a few messages on forum and documentations on BlackBerry website and as I understand it is possible (but not preferred) to store database in internal memory only on devices which have eMMC memory. I read devices specification on BlackBerry website and all current devices with 7.x OS have eMMC memory. I know that on earlier version of API Reference were information that application can store database file on Bold and Storm device. In version 7.0 and 7.1 of API reference  I cannot find any limitations about creating database so I assume that it should work on every device with 7.x system and eMMC memory. Is someone succesfully created database in internal memory on Curve device ?

Regards,

Maciek

New Developer
cersalma
My Device: 8350i

Re: SQLite database in internal memory on Curve 9380/9360 device

I had a similar situation a few months ago, The problem was that I tried to create and/or consume the database in the app  main procedure (startup point).

I solved moving the rutines for consuming the database to run after the first screen was open.

Hope it helps,

MC

Developer
paku
My Device: Q10

Re: SQLite database in internal memory on Curve 9380/9360 device

Hi,

I modify my application and now I create/open database by pressing the button on the main screen (after application startup) but I still have the same error. 

Cheers,

Maciek