Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
amrishodiq
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SVG BitmapField

Hi all,

Using images in an app will make the COD size bigger. User's hate big sized app, IMHO. So, there comes a (would be, I hope) solutions for BB app developer, its http://www.thenounproject.com/. They supply images that represent nouns. So I think this would be good, since they supply SVG non animatiing images which we could use to make attractive custom button or icons. But, the problem is, I don't have any idea of how to use these SVG images in fields or BitmapFields.

Anyone has been able to make a BitmapField from SVG images or at least have any idea of how to use them? I know since 4.6 there are SVG API, but I still don't understand how to use it in my case. I've tried to customize the code from http://www.naviina.eu/wp/blackberry/blackberry-alpha-fade-with-svg/#more-36 but still got no luck.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
amrishodiq

Re: SVG BitmapField

Any suggestion?

Please use plain text.
Developer
amrishodiq

Is it so difficult? I hope not.

Please use plain text.
Developer
amrishodiq

So, I think this is absolutely difficult since no one have ever touch it yet. :mansad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Sorry, I tried finding a similar post but had something else to do.

There are a few threads that talk about this, if you do a search for them you should be able to find them.

The basic manner of doing this is to create a Bitmap, get a Graphics object from it, bind ScalableGraphics to it, then draw the SVG to the ScalableGraphics, unbind the Graphics object, and you have a Bitmap that you can pass into a BitmapField.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
amrishodiq

Please use plain text.