If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
rapito
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro DO

Re: Sample HTTP Connection code and BIS-B Access

Hey, i have been trying to tweek and use the library, and it works great for getting the html and a simple webconnection, but if i try to use POST it just reloads the page i "sent" the post to.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

It is possible there is a bug in the processing.  I don't understand what you mean by just 'reloads' the page.  Can you clarify this and I will have a wee look at the code. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rapito
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro DO

Thanks for the quick reply!
Imagine a simple web page mypage/login with two submits as
username and password fields, if i login via a webpage I should
get something like a profile page and redirect to mypage/username, but when i do the POST in the device i get the same html as if i made a GET request from the first page mypage/login.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
talk2raghurao
My Device: BlackBerry 8700
My Carrier: developer

Dear Peter, i have a simillar problem in the HTTP post. currently i am not using the library but i have written a simple code for posting HTTP multipart. i posted the question as a new message but no one replied :smileysad:  I am actually stuck here need your guidance to proceed further .

i have put the code snippet here... Thanks for yur time.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/HTTP-POST-Returns-a-Login-page-response-inst...

Thanks

MGR

Please use plain text.
Developer
luisfernando
My Device: Storm

Hi all, ive been out for about a year developing for android. Its still the bis-b access to the "member tiers"?
-Luis Fernando

Remember to give Kudos(click on the star at your left) if this helped you.
Click on "Accept Solution" if the problem is resolved.
Espanol? Escribeme un mensaje privado.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Yep.  Unless you develop a push application as suggested here...

Please use plain text.
Developer
nmaddix

Simon pointed me to this thread (thanks Simon!) and the work here looks great. A million thanks to Peter and all who have contributed to solving such a complex problem.

My question is, what do people find is the best practice for making a connection back to a private server to fetch a small data feed (non-html)? There are a ton of network-based apps out there that connect to their own servers without user configuration (e.g. Google Maps) but I don't see much posted here from developers who have tried and true, tested solutions out in use by customers. The discussion and research about this on this forum alone has been ongoing for years, but I see very little in the way of reports back saying what methods developers have settled on for their internet-enabled apps.

WAP2 seemed like a good bet but I've read up on the transcoding issues and wow does it seem complicated. Modifying server headers isn't rocket science, but accounting for all possible transcoder implementations seems like a nightmare in customer support. Or is this not as bad as it sounds? Anyone have practical experience with this? Maybe a transcoder won't touch non-html (e.g. JSON) data (wishful thinking)?

The comments about getting BIS-B access by applying for Push ability were very enlightening. Are people successfully doing this? This seems like it would solve everything for connections to a private server.

Lastly, what methods do you think Google Maps uses to connect?

Comments on the above would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
poiuytrez

Google maps pays an additional & expensive Blackberry subscription : https://partners.blackberry.com/web/guest/access-to-blackberry-internet-service-b-connectivity

We are not equal and it is a shame. Sometime WPA2 does not works and Google maps & facebook works... It's impossible for the customers to understand...

Please use plain text.
Developer
nmaddix

It would make sense that Google is an Alliance partner. I should have used a smaller company as an example. There are plenty of small apps out there that rely on an internet connection but certainly aren't alliance members, no?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
poiuytrez

Yes, but theses apps are not as reliable as Google Maps, etc.

Please use plain text.