Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
techhelp
My Device: torch 9800

Saving Screen to a Menu/List

Hey guys!

Some help is much needed:smileyhappy:

I have a basic form on a screen with some editfields including the name. I would like to save this form to a menu or list, where the user can see the name of the form and when they click on it opens. I have seen 2 examples of this so far. The first being the PersistentStoreDemo (which I find complicated) and another one I found on the internet which does the exact same thing I want BUT all stored information is saved in dialogue boxes and you cannot scroll up or down to pick a saved form.

If anyone can lead me into the right direction, I would much appreciate it!

Thanks

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Saving Screen to a Menu/List

I'm a little confused by your requirement, so perhaps I have it wrong.

You have two choices:

a) Save the data input and recreate the screen when the user selects the associated form.  This is good if the data you want is persistent.

b) Save the screen in RuntimeStore and just redisplay the same Screen when the user selects it again.  Only good if the data does not need to survive BB restarts. 

Personally I would go with 9a), and this sounds like what the PersistentStoreDemo does.  Yes it might be harder but you will end up needing to use PersistentStore at some stage, so bit the bullet now!

But perhaps I have misunderstood.