Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Movistar

Screen size reduce on ObjectChoice selection

Hi

I am getting a strange behaviour.

I got a large screen with many ObjectChoiceFields and as i selected from the first ones, the last ones dissapear and my screen is reduced in height.

I am using OS/6

I supect I have to give my layout more height space..

TIA,

Yamil

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screen size reduce on ObjectChoice selection

Can you replicate this behaviour in a simple example?  If so, please post the code here and we will investigate. 

Developer

Thanks Peter.

I show a screen with multiple ObjectChoice in a Horizontallayout. As I selected items from those choice (which have many items) my screen starts to lose scroll down behaviour. I enclosed some screenshots...

Regards,

Yamil

Developer

Your original problem description was:

"I got a large screen with many ObjectChoiceFields and as i selected from the first ones, the last ones dissapear and my screen is reduced in height."

Now the only thing I notice that appears perhaps to be reduced in height is the background, which in your first image (p01) appears to be full screen, but in the last one (p03) is not.  Is that the problem you are describing?

The previous post has a different problem description:

"As I selected items from those choice (which have many items) my screen starts to lose scroll down behaviour"

I don't see this either.

Can you describe how the images show the problem you are reporting?  Perhaps mark the images?

But I still suspect the best way to get this resolved is to create a simple example that demonstrates the problem, post it here, and we can have a look at it. 

Developer

Thanks Peter.

In the p02 screen you can see the problem. The buttons 'Guardar', 'Enviar' go out of view  I am not able to scroll down because the scrollbar dissappears as I selected items from the choices...

Developer

"The buttons 'Guardar', 'Enviar' go out of view"

So it seems you have some processnig that detects the key press on the ObjectChoiceField and scrolls the screen to the top?

"I am not able to scroll down because the scrollbar dissappears as I selected items from the choices"

It is not possible to scroll the screen containing the ObjectChoiceField while the choice options are being displayed.  Or are you saying you can't scroll to see all the possible options on the list?

I still say the best way you can resolve this is to recreate the problem in a simple situation.  I really don't think that we will be able to help you based only on your screen shots and descriptions. 

But my immediate thought in this is that you have some overridden Manager that you are trying to restrict its height and width so that you can display a background.  Make sure all the Managers are not restricted (including the MainScreen), and see if the problem disappears.  Yes, you may break the background while this testing is going on, but at least you will be able to isolate a potential cause.