Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
javiergv
My Device: Not Specified

Screenshot issue in OS 4.5

My problem is that when I capture an image within a folder on the home screen in any of the BlackBerry Devices with OS 4.5, randomly in the image of the capture the icons disappear. It is as if the screenshot was made at a time of refreshing the screen. My question is
How can I prevent the icons disappear from the screenshot?

In the screenshot the icons next to the folder that is open disappear, the only way that I found is take 10 screenshoot and getlenght of the encoded image, compare the largest and show that. But it takes too long. The encoded image of the 10 screenshot have diferents lenghts. Only happend inside of any folder in the home screen.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
stevoooo
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screenshot issue in OS 4.5

Hi - I've got a similar problem with Display.screenshot on the main screen of a Blackberry Curve running v4.5.0.124. The problem seems to relate to attempts to take a screenshot while the display is updating (of which there is quite a lot as the text alongside each menu item fades in and out as it is selected). Often when moving the highlight from the icons on the left to select the volume controls on the right I get plain white rectangles in the region captured by the calls to Display.screenshot.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to avoid this problem?

Cheers!
Please use plain text.