Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
gklas
My Device: Blackberry Tour 6300
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Scrolling Issue with Manager

[ Edited ]

I have created a custom datagrid with a header, body section, and statusbar.  The  DataGrid extends manager and within it, I have added a static ColumnHeader (extends Manager), a Body (extends VerticalFieldManager), and a static StatusBar (extends Manager).  I have gave the Body class Vertical_Scroll and Vertical_Scrollbars and the Scrollbars do appear when there are more rows than can be shown in the visible Body area.  My problem is when I scroll the rows in the Body, the Body section does not reposition itself when the datarow (extends Field) goes off the screen.  Only when I have hit the last row will the Body section repaint itself showing the last rows.  I've tried just about everything I can think of to fix this issue, but I am hoping someone might be able to guide me in the right direction.  By the way, the header and statusbar are always fixed and visible.  Do I have to manually redraw my body section as the Focus field goes off the screen?  I thought the VerticalFieldManager would manage this for me.  Thank you for your time.

BTW:  I am using JDE 4.7 and Blackberry Tour sim.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
gklas
My Device: Blackberry Tour 6300
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Scrolling Issue with Manager

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  My rows were HorizontalFieldManagers with at least one focusable field contained within them.  What I need to do is create a custom listfield, not inherit from horizontalfieldmanager.  Thanks anyhow.

Please use plain text.