Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Scrolling internally

Hello all,

I just recently started to play around with Java on my blackberry and have been working on making a pretty simple app for the moment.  My wife is 9 months pregnant, so just for fun (mostly) I decided to make a little app I could pull up to time her contractions when that day arrives.

Right now it simply has an image that I made at the top of the screen, followed by a line indicating the current time (which updates every second) and whether the current state is in the middle of a contraction or between contractions.  

The section below this time line is empty to start with.  At the end of each contraction/break (which is marked by pressing the space key) I add a line to the empty section indicating the duration and whether or not this was a contraction or a break along with some other stuff.

It works great so far and I'm pleased except for one thing - when I have input a few events, the whole screen starts to scroll upward.  The problem is I lose the line that indicates the current time and state.  I lose the image too, which isn't functionally a problem, but I'd like to keep it.

I don't necessarily need exact code (cause I'm learning) but what approach makes the most sense for keeping the image and the first line (time and state) from scrolling and only scrolling the entries below?

I tried to make a vertical field manager and set its preferred height along with VERTICAL_SCROLL, adding that to my main screen and adding my entries to that, but it doesn't seem to change the behavior of my app.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if more information is needed, just let me know.

Good forum here, by the way - has been very helpful already.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Scrolling internally

[ Edited ]

Check this link

there is information how to make screen with fixed heading.

Also check the followinng links:

Developers Knowledge Base

Blackberry Development Documentation

there is helpful information for newbie and experienced developers.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 13-12-2008 05:47 PM