Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
Baji
My Device: BB 9700

Re: Security Exception for RESE keys, despite having them installed in the sigtool.

Thank You so much sanika_sudhalkar :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rkochanek
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Security Exception for RESE keys, despite having them installed in the sigtool.

Any news on this issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sanika_sudhalkar
My Device: Not Specified

The solution has already been provided.. I've marked it as the accepted solution.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rkochanek
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I used the suggested solution but unfortunately I'm receiving an exception that I'm not permitted to use this type of connection. So I got the same security exception as you already wrote about it in this thread.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I suggest you do the following.

Switch on event logging at debug level:

- At the home screen hold down ALT then press L G L G

- In Menu-Options select debug. Exit and save.

Run your test again

Extract the log file to your desktop machine over usb with the command:

javaloader -u eventlog > eventlog.txt

Open eventlog.txt in a text editor and look for the problem. Search backwards from the end of the file. You'll probably see "JSR 177 access for this connection is not permitted" or similar.

Paste the details here or send me them via a private message.

In fact do please contact me via private message as I'd like to help you with this.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.