06-12-2012 07:19 PM - edited 06-12-2012 07:38 PM
Technically, you can.
Check out this KB:
The cons are:
1. Each SMS is limited to 160 bytes. It's most likely that you would have to send a lot of messages, for each user, in order to create the upgrade file on the device.
2. You would have to create your own installer (another application) which would delete v1.0 and install v2.0. This is possible using the CodeModuleManager API but it is not a simple task.
3. This might not work with all operators/devices. Check out this thread:
I guess that #1 would make you change your mind but if not, I wish you Godspeed.
Feel free to ask more questions,
06-13-2012 04:39 AM
06-14-2012 01:27 AM
Technically, it's possible, BUT:
1. This is not supported with all operators/networks.
2. I don't know if there is a file size limitation for MMS.
Keep in mind that this is not a standard way to deploy your application so you will probably have some difficulties.