Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
bbCincinnati
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Signature Tool Not Registered

Hi Folks,

Stupid question but can someone remind me how to do this...

I removed and reinstalled the JDE (4.1).

Now when I try to use the Signature Tool, the Status is "Not Registered" (red instead of the usual blue).

And when I try to request the signatures, I get this message: 

"Unable to request signatures until this application has been registered with all signing authorities required."

Way back when, I paid the $100, registered bla bla bla, yada yada...

And I've been successfully deploying my applications to my device since then.  (Until I reinstalled the JDE).

I'm sure I just need to re-do part of that process, but I can't remember exactly all the stuff I need to do.

In the help file it says to double-click the .csi file(s)..

"The private key could not be found... bla bla bla ...Would you like to create a new key pair file?"

I click yes, expecting to be prompted for a password, like the help file says, but nothing happens.

By any chance has someone done this recently, who can remember all the annoying details of how to do this?

Thanks  :smileyhappy:

New Developer
bbCincinnati
My Device: Not Specified

Found it :)

My problem was that back when I reinstalled the JDE 4.1, I deleted the whole "Blackberry JDE 4.1.0" folder, hoping to ensure a clean install.

This, of course, removed the "Blackberry JDE 4.1.0 \ bin" folder too, which contained the following files:

- sigtool.csk

- sigtool.db

- sigtool.set

So, I just had to go to the recycle bin and get those files from the old "Blackberry JDE 4.1.0 \ bin" folder, and paste them into my new "Blackberry JDE 4.1.0 \ bin" folder.

Now my Signature tool works again  :smileyhappy: