Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
dlotz
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Signature Tool Problem - RBB Signed but RRT "Not Registered"

When I sign my Java app the Signature tools displays a green "Signed" status for the RBB SignerID but a red "Not Registered" status for the RRT SignerID. The error message is "please contact the signer and register with the signing authority". It seems like signing works for some APIs but not for other APIs - does this mean my signing keys are not installed correctly? How do I resolve this? I'm having trouble finding good documentation on signing - does anyone have a link?

Thanks,

David

New Contributor
dlotz
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Re: Signature Tool Problem - RBB Signed but RRT "Not Registered"

I reviewed the email RIM sent me containing the .csi file (only one .csi file, the RBB .csi file). The email says it had 3 attachments (RBB, RCR & RRT .csi files) but the email only contained the RBB .csi file (and I only received 1 email).

RIM: Please help ASAP. You make it much more difficult for developers which is why Apple and Google are taking market share from RIM. Please make it easier for developers. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor
NGeldenhuys
My Device: Bold 9780 & Curve 8250

I got the exact same problem accept for RIM did send me the three emails with keys attached. every time I packege my project it freezes on the code signing keys with RRT not being signed and I receive emails saying that all the keys have been successfully signed! AAArgh! 

I am sure you can just re apply for the keys?

Isanderthul
My Device: 8520

You need to add all three provided keys in the signing tool, each one separately.

Trusted Contributor
NGeldenhuys
My Device: Bold 9780 & Curve 8250

Thank you all.

My code signing keys were installed and reg. 

I removed everything from my PC i.e. workspace, code signing keys, JDE, JRE,etc. And re installed everything and started from scratch and that seemed to solve my problem.:Clap: