Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
cstehno
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Signature Tool freezes during signing

Trying to sign my first app after installing the latest (1.3.0) Eclipse Plugin for Eclipse (even though it's not a "plug-in" at all).

Installed RRT, RBB, and RCR code signing keys. The Signature Tool is successful on the RBB and RCR, even though they're optional, but it just freezes on the RRT (required). I get emails stating that the all three code signing requests are successful, but the Signature Tool, even the gui, is just frozen with "Receiving Resp...".

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbonilla
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Signature Tool freezes during signing

Did you solve this, i´m having the same issue... I apreciate your answer...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cstehno

Nope...concluded that RIM hates it's developers; I've moved toward developing my app on Android. All I wanted to do was use the bluetooth functions to access it as serial device. WAY too many hoops to jump through for that simple functionality.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pri-Machine
My Device: Non Blackberry User
My Carrier: Non Blackberry User

many of the time signing server goes down or if net speed is slow or interrupted then this can happened.

please try after few hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Please press the kudos button (star icon) on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
- Paresh Indulkar
(Game Programmer at Synqua Games)
(Developer of games - BBM Cricket with Friends & Word Poker with Friends :smileyvery-happy: )
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pascal_Bourque
My Device: Not Specified

Have the same problem also, do you work on Seven 64bits ?

Pascal Bourque, Analyste-Programmeur : "je pense donc je programme"
Really want to thank a user? Click the Kudos! badge on right side of the message. When you do so, you are offering a thumbs up for good content and a pat on the back to its author.
Accepted Solutions is a way for you to choose the reply that best answers a thread that you've started. To mark a message as a solution: Click the Solution? icon on the reply.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cstehno

Yes, Windows 7 64bit

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

I've tried a few different  windows envornments and the most problematic one was when I tried running the development tools on Windows 7 64-bit.  

The best one that I am on now is running Oracle VM VirtualBox with an XP guest.  It is the most stable and fastest one of all (especially for the simulators and debugging).   I actually am hosting the VirtualBox on Ubuntu so I don't have the Windows 7 overhead at all, but it ran very well when the host was Windows 7 also.

Hope this helps.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pascal_Bourque
My Device: Not Specified

Is there an official issue for the signature tool and windows seven 64 bits ?

Regards,

Pascal Bourque, Analyste-Programmeur : "je pense donc je programme"
Really want to thank a user? Click the Kudos! badge on right side of the message. When you do so, you are offering a thumbs up for good content and a pat on the back to its author.
Accepted Solutions is a way for you to choose the reply that best answers a thread that you've started. To mark a message as a solution: Click the Solution? icon on the reply.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MichaelBean
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom

I am having the same issue. Also running Windows 7 64. 

I addition I have tried moving my keys to Windows 7 32 (moved the .csk .db and .set) and still the same issue persists - it may be a error with registration from Win 7 64, I will try with new keys on Win 7 32. 

It seems a pity that support does not know about this error - I have requested 3 sets of keys each time reporting the same trouble. 

--

Mike

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stkhan
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Well, I downgraded from Windows7 64 bit to Windows7 32 bit and have the same freezing issue.

Please use plain text.