Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: 8110

Signature and OTA install problem

Hi,

I'm currently developing an application which I sign using the SignatureTool.

When I install the application through the wap navigator of the BlackBerry everything goes fine until I start the application, appearing the following error: "module xxxx-1.cod must be signed with the rim runtime code signing key (RRT)". This happens in various BlackBerrys of different carriers.

However, if I install the application using the PC Suite everything works right.

I have looked everywhere for a solution, but I have found nothing that helps me to solve this.

Both the CSO and the CSL files have the "52525400=RIM Runtime API" text, and the SignatureTool indicates that the RRT has been applied successfully to every COD file.

I have rebuilt the JAD after signing so that it reflects the correct size of each COD, the new SH1 hash, etc.

I have tried to put "MIDlet-Jar-Size: 0" as stated somewhere. I have verified the server mime types for JAD and COD. etc.

For OTA I unzip the big COD file into the smaller CODs. I think that if a COD file could not be downloaded successfully, the downloaded part would not have the size indicated in the JAD or the SH1 would be different, etc. throwing an invalid COD file error (907), which is not the case.

If anybody has faced and solved a problem like this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: 8520

Re: Signature and OTA install problem

Same Problem to me

I can Sign .Cod file from Standard install directory

But i CANT sign .cod file from OTA install directory.

Why?

Developer

SOLVED Re: Signature and OTA install problem

[ Edited ]

SOLVED!!

I will try to explain, sorry about my english.

Delete all signed or buided files.

Build again.

Go to Standard Install directory and copy  *.csl  and *.cso file to OTAInstall directory.

run Signature Toll, browse  to OTAInstall directory select *cod file and sign.

delete *.csl  and *.cso from OTAInstall directory.

run Signature Toll again, browse  to Standard Install directory select *cod file and sign.

DONE! Now all files from OTAInstall directory are signed.

New Developer

Re: SOLVED Re: Signature and OTA install problem

Hi,

I have the same problem.  In my "OTAInstall" folder I have more files like "MyApp.cod, MyApp-1.cod, MyApp-2.cod, MyApp-3.cod, MyApp-4.cod, MyApp-5.cod, MyApp-6.cod etc. ".  I try the method, which one you mesioned above, then The application is installed in my phone, but wheh I try to run the applciation, then it display an error like this.

"Error starting MyApp: Module 'MyApp-1' attempts to access a secure API".  I understood that, the only file "MyApp.cod" is signed in the "OTAInstall" and other files are not.  How can I signed the other files.

New Developer

Re: SOLVED Re: Signature and OTA install problem

Hi,

I got the solution for this issue,

Please check this link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Sign-all-files-in-OTAInstall-fol...

Thanks,

Sabeesh