Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
GFox
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

Signing Issues

I've been attempting to rebuild the "SQLiteDemo" from the samples to help teach myself some database work and I've run into issues regarding the signing authority tool.

When running my app, I get an error that states the database "is either encrypted or not a database" and since it gets past the lines:

try {

DatabaseFactory.encrypt(uri, new DatabaseSecurityOptions(codeSigningKey));
}
catch(DatabaseException dbe) {
     errorDialog("Encryption failed - " + dbe.toString());
}

I can only assume it's becuase the app isn't being allowed to access the encrypted database.  I've read the Signing Authority manual but I can't figure out the File Signing tool.

Can someone better explain the process of signing .cod files so they can access encrypted databases.

Thanks

-GFox
Please use plain text.
New Developer
GFox
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Signing Issues

No one can explain the process of signing .cod files so they can access encrypted databases?

-GFox
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
gtj
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Signing Issues

You don't give a lot of detail about what you've already tried or how far you got.  Post the code you used to get "codeSigningKey" and the code you used to open the database.

Did you get the Signature Authority installed?  Is it running as a service?   Did you issue yourself the csi file and install it?  

Please use plain text.