If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
dnepr
My Device: Playbook

Re: Signing Server Outage - July 11

Wow still down. This is the longest time as far as I remember now. Pretty big issue. That's two business days of development/testing lost. Someone.... feed the squirrels!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
alekmit
My Device: Not Specified

Yes. It is the longest outage. Earlier it lasted several hours as maximum. We really need to have an offline alternative to sign and install on a device. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
donturner
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Following on from the infamous 'open letter', apparently there's more employees who are backing up what it said: 

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/01/more-letters-to-rim-employees-rally-alongside-anonymous-exec/

I am worried that RIM is falling apart internally and the cracks are now beginning to show externally. 

The big question about this outage is: Why hasn't RIM told us what's going on?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meprabhatr
My Device: BBY
My Carrier: Airtel

Anyone have idea how much more time it's going to take?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mttplm
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Software Analyst

Could you please estimate how much time it will take to make the signing servers up and running? This evening? Tomorrow? Next thursday?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ekke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition), Q10, Z30
My Carrier: Telekom.de, O2, Vodafone

donturner wrote:

Following on from the infamous 'open letter', apparently there's more employees who are backing up what it said: 

http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/01/more-letters-to-rim-employees-rally-alongside-anonymous-exec/

I am worried that RIM is falling apart internally and the cracks are now beginning to show externally. 

perhaps you should read more then anonymous letters.

I wrote my 'letter from the outer space: why develop for BlackBerry' as a reaction on these anonymous letters.

you can read it here at my blog if you're interested.

then I went to BGR.com and added a comment telling them only, that I have a different kind of view on this pointing to my URL. ... no reaction .... tried it next day again and got: 'you're blocked to comment on this side' -

B_G_R_01.png

so BGR.com is publishing anonymous letters, but isn't interested into a fair discussion ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ekke (independent software architect, rosenheim, germany)

BlackBerry Elite Developer
International Development Mobile Apps BlackBerry 10 Cascades
Cascades - Workshops / Trainings / Bootcamps

Open Source Enthusiast
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ekkescorner
bb10-development: http://appbus.org Twitter: @ekkescorner
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtp5120
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

You'd think that RIM would have two of everything.

I know, I know the joke is getting old and the joke is RIM"s commitment to developers.

--Todd

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600) | Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07) | Eclipse Version: 3.6.2 [M20110210-1200] | BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-in: 1.3.0.201102031007-19 | Java Compiler level: 1.3 | Targeting devices running OS 5 | Simulators: JDE 5.0 packaged 9700, 9630, 9300
Please use plain text.
New Developer
burkaygenc
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

No support for Linux what so ever.

Need to sign every single line of code change with RIM servers.

Continuous problems with the signing server.

Need to download hundreds of megabytes of simulators, instead of supplying a customizable one.

Shouldn't you focus on more serious developer needs than coming up with a version 7 of your API? Can't you see that your developers are annoyed with what they are offered? Isn't it time to sit down and make a strategical change once in a while rather than simple operational changes? Seriously RIM, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Please use plain text.
Developer
donturner
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

ekke wrote:

donturner wrote:

perhaps you should read more then anonymous letters.

I wrote my 'letter from the outer space: why develop for BlackBerry' as a reaction on these anonymous letters.

you can read it here at my blog if you're interested.

then I went to BGR.com and added a comment telling them only, that I have a different kind of view on this pointing to my URL. ... no reaction .... tried it next day again and got: 'you're blocked to comment on this side' -

B_G_R_01.png

so BGR.com is publishing anonymous letters, but isn't interested into a fair discussion ?

I'm confused. You're happy with RIM's handling of this current situation? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Digbads
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Does anyone know of a signup list that would notify us to see when the server starts working again?  I have certainly received jillions of e-mails regarding signatures in the past.

Please use plain text.