Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
donturner
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)

Re: Signing Server Outage - July 11

Mark, 

Appreciate the update on progress, and understand that you must be having a difficult time at the moment. Could I make a suggestion though...

Could we get more information please? Seriously, we're all fairly clued up technically so will appreciate anything you can give us. Even if you tell us it's running on an MS Access database on a Windows 95 box with a modem connection, we'll understand!

Some information, no matter how bad, or embarrassing is better than none.  

Here are some specifics: 

- What hardware do the signing servers run on?

- What hardware component caused the failure?

- What backup hardware is in place (if any)?

- When you say "degraded" what do you mean?

- Can you give any estimation at all on when the servers might be back up - is it hours, days or weeks? If I know that I can make a call as to whether to stay up really late to get this release out, or sack it off and do it tomorrow. 

Thanks very much.

New Contributor
sradforth
My Device: 9550

Am I being unlucky or is this a regular problem that I encounter on the few days I've needed this to work?  This is the second time in a year I've had to delay delivery to a customer for a time sensitive deadline that may cost me a small fortune.

Please listen to the developers who are trying to help make your platform succeed, this direct server dependent code signing must be fixed to be 100% reliable. If this server signing route is kept please consider allowing the java util to cache results for X days or setup ome sort of quickswap in redundancy system in future. 

Feels like who ever is resonsible for developing this just needs time and authorization to solve this, hopefully these comments will contribute to making this happen sooner than later.

Regular Visitor
deansheiban
My Device: Blackberry Tour

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I'm working on a port of an application that was originally developed for Android.  I am at the point that I need to test Bluetooth connectivity.  I started trying to test on Friday and was trying all weekend with no success so far.

The RIM application development team suggested that I use the simulator to test my application, but this can't be done for Bluetooth, so I'm pretty much stuck.

I hope they are close to having a solution.  I would also like to ask that Blackberry rework their signing process so that it doesn't require communication with Blackberry servers.  If Google and Apple can do it so can Blackberry.

Contributor
codelogman
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I think we will appreciate if you guys (mark) could say when the service are online again and how we can help you, i think also, all we here and so many others needs sing his/her applications too.

so is URGENT but we need TO KNOW how we CAN HELP you guys.

cheers

Developer
donturner
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)

OK I give up, I don't know how many more ways there are to say "Please tell us what's going on". 

Really very disappointed with the way RIM have handled this situation. 

Developer
BeroboInc
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700

This is really bad.

There are companies using dynamic compiling of apps when purchased so each customer gets a uniquely built app.

This now means everyone who purchased will not be able to download their app build causing a lot of customer service complaints.

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com
jhw1701
My Device: Not Specified

Since I've got nothing better to do during the signing outage I thought I would make a step by step flow chart showing how the signing process works. Hopefully this will clarify the situation for some.

Flow Chart Diagram at

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1973/howblackberryappsaresig.jpg

New Developer
jeffm

ROFL

Also, what does "*le" mean???

Contributor
codelogman
My Device: Torch 9800

xDDD   ja ja ja ja, "when a developper is outage of his work because technical issues ..."

ja ja ja ja

Developer
jhw1701

It's how people label commentary on comics at memebase.com