Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Bold

Re: Signing app not recognized on BB

I think that's my issue and I may have to hunt for a different hosting solution, something that supports both the JAD file extensions and ASP.NET.
Developer

Also, in the menu of the JDE, when I select to generate the ALX file, I don't get an confirmation message that it completed. Is that normal. I still can't find the ALX file. Are there logs somewhere I can look through to see if it succeeded? Or why it may have failed?
Developer

Added mimetype

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor for Jad extension

application/java-archive for jar extension 

and now able to download it, but now getting

907 Invalid COD Http Error 406: Not acceptable.

Developer

From the thread Re: Getting OTA downloading of applications to work added a mime typ also for COD. So now it installs without error. But the app will not run and I get the same error

Unsigned module may not contain classes in com.rim ....

Not sure what that means.

Developer

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

You will not get any confirmation that ALX has been created.. However you can see the ALX file in your workspace after this creation... ALX is an XML type file, you can open it in notepad to see the contents...

Thanks! 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Developer

You might have used restricted package names..

Well, Take a look at this KB article

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800783/Support...

Thanks! 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Developer

That's one of my issues, I don't see it in the workspace folder. I have no clue where it went, or even if it was written to disk.
Developer

Can you see other cod files in that folder? You might be workin on copy of the project somewhere.. Right click the project and see properties to get the exact path of the project and look inside it.. Though I don't know if alx would be created if u use restricted package name(I may be a stupid here :smileytongue:)

Thanks! 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Developer

I've checked the working folder, even recreated the project to make sure all files were in the expected folder. I'm willing to ignore this now that I can run my app on the BB and keep on coding. This mystery will annoy me, but I can live with it.

Thanks for the article on package names. Solve the issue. That will teach me from wanting to create well defined package names.