Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Visitor
karthik_k
My Device: Black berry curve 9360

Re: Signing application which communicates with the sim card

Hi,

I need suggestion to get NFC keys for the Black berry  based NFC applications,we need to follow any process to get  NFC keys from the black berry?,when we try to nfc packges we are getting the following error:attempts to access a secure API.

We need suggestions regarding this?

Thank you,

Karthika

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Hi

please send me a private message and supply your name, position, company name and web site URL, your email address and a brief description of the application you wish to develop. I'll ensure your request gets the proper attention.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
srtorun
My Device: 9360

Hi,

Regarding a communication problem between our NFC JavaMe application and Sim card with PKCS #15 file system, we need technical support.

As you know, JavaME (MIDlet) applications should be in COD format which will be installed to BB. To do this, *.class and picture files, etc  are getting packed with BB tools. These packages are signed with the certificates which are taken from BB and  the COD file is produced. This COD file can be installed to the phone and easyly used with the sim cards which does not include PKCS #15 file.

If the Sim card has PKCS #15 File system, the application which will access SIM card, must be signed with the same certificate which is used to create the file system, as well.

As we read from here, CODTOOL.JAR application of BB API 7.1 should be used for this purpose. With the parameters identified here, the signing process can be succesfully done. The size of COD file gets bigger. We understand from the bigger size that the certificates are added to the file. However, when we install this COD file into the BB with a PKCS #15 SIM card, we cannot access Sim card.

You may think that the certificate is incompatible with PKCS#15 Sim card. When we insert sim card into Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android)  and sign the application with the same certificate, application can access the sim card without any problem.

Because we could not find any detailed document about the usage of CODTOOL, we are not sure which parameters should we use. Could you please help us to find detailed documents about CODTOOL or any other solution to our problem?

The handset that we use is BB 9930 BOLD; operating system is in 7.1 version.

Thanks in advance.

Serdar

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Hi

what exact BBOS version are you using? There were some changes early in the life of 7.1 so I need to know this.

In general however, this is the command you should be using:

For SATSA Appendix A ACF, the command should look like the following:
java -jar CodTool.jar -sign -keyname SATA -keystore <keystore>-storetype jks -storepass <keystore
password> -alias <keystore alias> <cod filename>.cod

When your midlet "cannot access the SIM card" what exactly happens? Do you get an exception? Please look in the java event logs and see if there are any messages there. You should set logging level to DEBUG using ALT+L+G+L+G from the Home Screen and then Menu / Options. After changing to DEBUG level run your tests again. Then extract the event log to your PC by plugging the device into USB and running "javaloader -u eventlog > eventlog.txt". Look for messages around the time you access the SIM. You can write your own messages to the event log to make it easier to isolate this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim