12-19-2008 06:33 AM
I would like knowing about the benefits, and I mean, REAL benefits about the blackberry code signing. My questions are :
- How many security prompts can you skip?
- In order to skip security prompts, if you have your application signed, is there a chance of skip all the push registry security prompts? and the prompts about using javax.wireless.messaging?
- Can you use the code signing to generate OTA a signed application? If not, the way of code signing in blackberry is just to sign one and only application?
Please I would like knowing about these issues, if it´s possible to make it in a proper way and if you really skip all the prompts or if you cant skip the prompts.
Thx in advance , Kind regards
12-19-2008 06:57 AM
1. Signing does not affect on Permission prompts. Signing allows you to use classes which require signing.
2. There is no way to supress permission confirmation dialogs.
3. If you sign a *.cod file it can be distributed via OTA, but it won't supress security dialogs.