Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Signing keys and eclipse plug-in version 1.1.2

[ Edited ]

Anyone else had problems with the eclipse plugin and signing keys?

I'm running plugin version 1.1.2.201003212304-12 with eclipse 3.5.2

This version has the rather nice feature of being able to package and sign in one go. Except when signing, on my workstation at least, it is unable to locate a perfectly valid set of keys and therefore refuses to sign anything.

And subsequently I can't sign manually in eclipse either.

I'm having to run the signing tool from the command line to sign my apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

Re: Signing keys and eclipse plug-in version 1.1.2

In Eclipse, open up Window>Preferences, then select BlackBerry Java Plug-in>Signature Tool and click on "Import Existing Keys...". Navigate to the folder that has the keys data base that the command line is using (usually a folder containing sigtool.csk and sigtool.db) and you should be good to go.

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Already tried that (several times) but the plug in refuses to recognize my keys.

But oddly enough it then prompts for my password, and fails to sign the cod files.

I've requested replacement keys so I can import from new to see if that works, but unfortunately there appears to be a backlog. Not sure why the key issue isn't automatic, but if it creates jobs I suppose I shouldn't complain.

The latest changes to the plug in also messed up my deploy scripts, which will now have to be completely rewritten. Just like last time the plugin was updated.

The joys of BlackBerry development.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ted_Hopp

My sympathies. No idea why it didn't work for you, though. That's the process I used when I upgraded the plug-in. What does say when it refuses to recognize the keys?

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
RMerwin
My Device: multiple
My Carrier: multiple

I was experiencing the same problem. After upgrading the plug-in to 1.1.2.201003212304-12, I imported my signing keys. But when I tried to sign my app, I was asked: “Please enter your private key password , and re-encrypt your private key information file.”  After that I got, “The private key is not located in the sigtool.csk file”.

I noticed a new folder under my eclipse install that wasn't there before the upgrade:  .\plugins\net.rim.ejde\vmTools. The sigtool.csk and sigtool.db files in this folder both had a zero length. So I copied the files from the old folder, .\plugins\net.rim.ejde\signTool, and now my key signing works as it did before.

Hope that helps someone else.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
galeb
My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: VIPnet

RMerwin,

thank you for the note, I've had the same problem, but was not able to find where did the signature files go.

I had same problem as guys wrote above...

BR,

H.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14

Thanks RMerwin, that's done the trick for me too.

I'd actually tried copying files into the folder but obviously not the ones that counted.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
swati02
My Device: 8520

downloding signature tool is compultion  for sign process if i m using eclipse.

if not then what procudure have to follow.

please help me

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ricardoelwapo
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telcel

It works great. Thanks for the advice.

Originally I had my signature keys in Blackberry Eclipse Plugin 1.0.0.67. But finally I can migrate them to the new Plugin.

Greetings form Mexico

Please use plain text.