Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Simple HelloWorld using JDE, please read.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm managing a small project of about 10K lines of code under netbeans using JDE 4.2

and netbeans rim plugin.

Unfortunantly when we reached the 11K lines of code netbeans rim plugin became unstable and we experienced lot of preverification error on runtime.

No solution after days of research and finally we decided to move from netbeans directly to JDE IDE.

First step is to understand how to use JDE IDE and how to write a simple hello world using MIDP API,

no blackberry API.

We have created a JDE project but when we try to run it on the emulator with the "build all and run",

JDE build the project without error, start the emulator without problem, but there is no icon in the emulator where to start our midlet.

Here the simple archive containing the project with the simple hello world code.

Where is the mistake?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQ1C2ZSF

Please help.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Simple HelloWorld using JDE, please read.

Just solved the problem by selecting MIDLET instead of CLDC Application in the project properties.
Now let's try to import the 11K lines of code, resources and JAR external library... uff... -_-