Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ted_hulick
My Device: Not Specified

Simulators 4.7+ AND SDCard...

Believe it or not, there are some (like me) who use the JDE Component Package standalone (with ant), and it's frustrating sometimes getting things to work as there's no UI to simply click/etc. settings...

I've asked numerous times and even filed a bug on the issue of not being able to create files on simulator versions 4.7+....

Well, the reason is simply because by default the simulator(s) (or some) DO NOT simulate a SDCard installed.  Why in the heck would the default be no card?  Card storage seems to me to be a likely function in most apps.  But not set.

Ok - well, for those people like me - the answer is to add this switch to the *.bat fledge startup file in your simulator directory (or if you live on the edge - edit the default settings - .xml files in the simulator dir)

/sdcard-inserted=true

This is another classic case of "hard to find" information that is just not widely shared/known

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Simulators 4.7+ AND SDCard...

You can find documentation on configuring a micro SD card for a BlackBerry Smartphone simulator here:

Use a computer file system as a microSD card

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Use-a-computer-file-system-as-a-microS...

The configuration process allows you to specify where the microSD card data will be stored on your PC, which a developer would need to know when working on most applications that store data in this location.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.