Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Sliding menu from the bottom?

They have asked me a menu like the menu of this application "Formula 1.com 2010 aplication", is a menu with 5 horizontal images that appears when you press the menu button, and appears sliding from the bottom of the screen.

I have searched through forum but i did not find any case about that, I search as "menu bar", "slide bar"...
Thanks

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Re: Sliding menu from the bottom?

I think you can use pushGlobalScreen as peter_strange did.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Problem-with-Tooltip/m-p/104341/highlight/tr...

it is used for tooltip.

but you can use it like a menu with little changes.

Adil Soomro

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Thank you!
I use a popup Screen, setting x and y position and it that I need.
Only i wondering how to make the slide transition from the bottom, I Know there is a class, but in 5.0 and i need 4.6

Developer
My Device: various

Smooth transitions pre-5.0 are surprizingly non-trivial. In general you'll have to create a TimerTask which will re-layout your popup screen every so often (50 ms is usually OK - that's 20 frames/sec) with the new position.

Your PopupScreen can setPosition(x, y) in its sublayout - that's how you move it around.

I hope it makes sense to you. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!