Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
overcode
My Device: Z30

Smartphone signature key

Dear All!

I have problems getting the smartphone signature key, because the online form always says that there is some verification error and I should contact devsupport. (The transaction is done, $1 is charged)

Unfortunaltely till now the support was unable to tell me the reason why I cannot complete the signature key process.

My name and address contains accentuated letters, that I know the registration process cannot handle properly.

Does anybody had this kind of problem?

Or could anybody suggest anything in this situation?

Thank you for you help,

Zsolt

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Smartphone signature key

Hi overcode,

Recently, the credit card requirement for requesting signature keys was completely removed, you only have to enter a few details now. Could you try requesting keys once more from the online form?

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Support for extended characters is not fully included in the other fields (First Name, Last Name, Company), however if you use the basic latin version (i.e. e instead of é, etc.) then the form should submit without issue.

Also, the $1 amount is just a temporary hold that was necessary in some cases for verification purposes. This amount should disappear after a few days, but if it does not it would be best to contact your bank/credit card company directly and have them remove this hold.

Let me know if you still see issues.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.