Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
sagar_du
My Device: Storm

Sms Demo not working

Hi,

I want to send sms. I tried sms demo that comes with jde, i traced with dialog that it reaches the sending portion of the code but no sms seems to be sent or received. It was GSM network. The code used a port 3590. Is it whar the problem is or what?

I thought the code that rim has provided should work but rim proved me wrong. What to do? Any help?

Developer
ahmadahmad
My Device: curve

Re: Sms Demo not working

did you test it on a real device or a simulator?
New Contributor
sagar_du

Hi,

Thanks for response. I tested in real device.

Developer
ahmadahmad

to test this application you must have a SIM card loaded in credit that can send an sms, Secondly you must open the connection in the mobile network device, then you have to open the application and send an SMS from the application to another device is still installed this application and in addition it must not close the application on the other device to tend to receive sms
New Contributor
sagar_du

hi,

thanks for quick reply. But wait, we need the receiver to also install this application and run it?

If it is, then i don't want that. How can i send sms without receiver not having tha app at all.? please suggest.

Developer
ahmadahmad

Sure, you must have a receiver if you want to receive the message from the application but if you send a message without the receiver a message is received as a sms shown in the inbox
New Contributor
sagar_du

Ok thanks. I figured it out.