Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Smsdemo not working

Hello all. I have scoured the forum for an answer but have not seen one (or have not looked in the right places). My problem, hopefully, is a simple one. I cannot get the smsdemo to work. I am starting the Smsdemo Server without any modifications, just executing the batch file. Then I start the 9530 simulator (Storm) straight from the Blackberry 4.7 IDE. I see the smsdemo option under downloads. I start it, enter in a destination and message and select Send. Nothing comes up on the server console and no messages are returned to the simulator. I have a custom sms application I am writing that does not work either so I thought I would get back to basics and make sure the demo worked first. No luck. Anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for any replies.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Smsdemo not working

I have been able to reproduce this.  This is caused by an issue with the server side portion of the smsdemo failing to parse the number from the SMS message.  As a work around you can use the version 4.6.0 BlackBerry JDE and BlackBerry Bold simulator (or another prior release of the BlackBerry JDE).  Our development team is aware of this issue.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: 9900

Hi Mark,

I am having the same problem with the 4.6 JDE. Works out of the box with 4.2.1.

No firewall is blocking the communications. 

Contributor
My Device: 8700g

I am having the same problem with the 4.5 JDE.