Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Something obvious I hope

[ Edited ]

Okay, I feel dumb for needing to ask this - but I can't see how to set permissions for permission testing in the simulator (so far the 9700 and 9800).

I bring up the application list, select my application, and press the Menu key. 

On my physical device, I see the option "Edit Permissions"

On the simulators, I see only "Edit Default Permissions".  "Edit Permissions" are conspicuously absent.

I feel like I have to be missing something painfully, glaringly obvious -- but I'm just not seeing it.    So - how do I add/remove app permissions on the simulator, so that I can test that my app is behaving correctly in absence of appropriate permissions across devices?

Some pictures to demonstrate better. In all cases the same application is selected.  The first is the simulator; and the second is the actual device.  

9800 / OS6 / Simulator

noperms2.png

9800 / OS6 / Actual Device

device.png

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Something obvious I hope

Indeed it was obvious - or at least quasi-obvious. 

When running the simulator, it's necessary to enable device security.   Via eclispe this is done in the Run configuration's Simulator tab; there's a checkbox "Enable device security".

If you're running through the batch file, edit the command line for fledge.exe and add the flag:

/secure

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.