Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
shridevi_sawant
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Storm MMAPI

Hello,

we are developing a J2ME application which is media rich and includes recording media (picture/audio/video) via MMAPIs.

From Blackberry software V 4.7 guide, it is understood that MMAPIs are supported from v4.7 onwards. That means we can now record video,picture, audio within Java application using MMAPIs on Blackberry devices having V4.7 software.

My questions are -

1. Does Blackberry Storm devices allows applications to record all three media types via MMAPI (JSR-135)?

2. Has anyone tried out recording video via MMAPI on Storm device? If so, please let me know your experience.

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Re: Storm MMAPI

Audio Recording yes, Taking snap shot yes. You can invoke the application in Video recording mode and try a work around like when you stop recoring and saving the video listen to the file journal and get the file recorded and use it in your application.

The next release of OS 5.0 has given the control to record the video.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
shridevi_sawant

Thanks BBDeveloper for your prompt response.

For video recording, do you mean that we cannot use MMAPI directly & need to use RIM apis (FileSystemJournalListener etc..)?

We are not using any RIM apis to have our application run on many java enabled phones with MMAPI support.

If we dont want to use any RIM apis for video recording, what will be solution?

If you have sample code, please share.

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Well yeah you can give a try like that using RIM API's. AFAIK Video Recording using MMAPI is not supported on os 4.7. Next version os 5.0 has this feature.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
shridevi_sawant

Hello BBDeveloper,

I tried video recording via RIM apis like below

Invoke.invokeApplication(Invoke.APP_TYPE_CAMERA, new CameraArguments(CameraArguments.ARG_VIDEO_RECORDER));

In my midlet, on one of the screen I have record video option. When user selects that option, above code gets executed. 

I am getting in built camera launched from my application. I am also able to record video there. Now my issue is when I close the camera, my midlet gets restarted. Ideally, it should have taken me back to the screen from which camera was launched. But my midlet gets restarted again instead of showing me earlier screen..

Any ideas on how I can get the expected behaviour?

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

After you complete the recording, what actions you performing and when is the midlet is getting restarted? You can use debugger to know what is happneing inside you code.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
shridevi_sawant

Thanks.. I could resolve the issue by adding little logic in midlet startApp() and pauseApp().

Thing is, when camera is launched, the midlet is paused and calls pauseApp(). When camera is closed, midlet is resumed by calling startApp() again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Good to know that. You can mark the thread solved.

Please use plain text.