Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
ABoul
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Storm orientation and code signing

is there any way to change the screen orientation of the storm without using signed API?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Storm orientation and code signing

What do you mean by change?  Do you mean react to the user tilting the BlackBerry, or force the device into Landscape mode?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, turn the phone.

Ok in a non-joking sense, if you are talking about setting what directions are allowed, you don't need signing keys for using UiEngineInstance.setAcceptableDirections.

You need them for the Display class but you can get the values themselves so that you don't need to actually use the class, thus avoiding the signing key requirement.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ABoul
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

i have an app that i wish to only run in landscape mode, so i want it to start with the screen tilted (i.e. text is the right way up for landscape mode but not for portrait).

rcmaniac25 wrote:

Yes, turn the phone.

Ok in a non-joking sense, if you are talking about setting what directions are allowed, you don't need signing keys for using UiEngineInstance.setAcceptableDirections.

You need them for the Display class but you can get the values themselves so that you don't need to actually use the class, thus avoiding the signing key requirement.

thanks for that. will try it after some sleep.

Please use plain text.